Eagle Cam Observations
Watch the live stream for at least 15 minutes per observation period.
Record start time and end time for your observations
Behavioral Terms to use in your journal
- Sitting on the nest – up until you see the eggs. Document the number of eggs, then use the term-
- Incubating until the eggs hatch and
- Brooding if the bird is sitting on the chick(s) or has them under her wing
- Nest building – the bird is tossing nest materials maybe tossing behind him/her) or picking at them and dropping them.
- Explanation – the bird is restless and wants to be relieved by its mate. You may see the mate come back while you are watching.
- Nest exchange – one bird comes back and the other leaves
Use your own descriptions for other activities you observe.
What I saw was that the eagle flew and there was three eggs and then when it came back it was laying on the eggs and keeping them warm. The eagle was not moving that much but it did leave once.